Project name: The Dismanteld
Casting Call ID: 541 (enter in Audition form Call ID area)
Pay: Following ACTRA rates
Role / Character: Billy and Tess
Production dates: Shooting dates to be determined (between November 2023 and end of March 2024).
Location Requirement: Canada
Production location: Montreal and other
Age range: 25-35 yr old
Role / Project description: For two roles in an upcoming film project, we are looking for one MALE and one FEMALE performer who are wheelchair users.
Synopsis: The film will be directed by Jason DaSilva, who is paraplegic. It tells the story of Billy, a young quadriplegic man from Montreal, living with multiple sclerosis (MS). He learns from a New York specialist that he will lose his sight in less than 3 months if he can’t get a stem cell transplant. To quickly raise funds for the private medical procedure, he smuggles MS medications from Canada to sell in the US. Tess, who is an American singer and also in a wheelchair, is Billy’s US sales contact.
CHARACTERS (BOTH MUST BE ENGLISH SPEAKING):
Billy: male, 25–35 years old, wheelchair user
- Before our story starts, Billy was able to walk. After falling down a flight of stairs, he became quadriplegic. During an MRI scan after his fall, the doctors discovered his MS.
- Billy is very smart, always thinking 12 steps ahead in his medication smuggling plan. He is self-centered and slightly manipulative.
- Billy can be of any ethnicity.
Tess: female, 25-35 years old, wheelchair user
- Tess is American and sings jazz with a trio in New York. She also has MS and uses a wheelchair, but has full function of her arms.
- Tess and Billy met at an MS conference before the story begins. She helps friends in the MS community to find low-cost medications.
- Tess can be of any ethnicity.
- The actor playing Tess does not have to be a singer but should indicate any singing ability in the application.
Submission deadline date: Suggested as soon as possible
Submission instructions: For either role, please send the following to
- your full name, age, and 1 or 2 pictures of yourself
- your email address and phone number (where we can reach you)
- a short description of your disability
- your CV, showing any professional acting experience
We are open to charismatic amateurs, semi-professionnal or professional actors and can provide acting coaching if required.
Casting / Agency Contact Details
Maxime Giroux Casting
Audition Submission Tools
Sign up for your FREE Audition Access account to submit to any casting call(s).
Enter the Call ID and role name in the submission form to be considered. Each call has a SUBMIT button to access the casting form.
Latest Promotional Video
Casting Call Email
Don't miss out on any opportunities! Subscribe to get the latest calls delivered right to your inbox.